When planning your wedding, you may find yourself answering the same questions over and over.
Why not create a custom wedding newsletter? It will help to keep your guests informed of every detail of the big event, plus it makes a great wedding favor.
What is a Wedding Newsletter?
A wedding newsletter is a 2- or 4- page printed newsletter that's all about you and your wedding.
You can send one (or several) to family and friends before your wedding, or you can create one and use it as a wedding favor at the reception.
We sent out 2 newsletters, one as a "save the date" notice and the other 2 weeks before the wedding.
We also created a special "wedding edition", which we rolled up and placed inside a silver band. These scrolls were placed at each place setting, along with little bottles of bubbles and disposable cameras. Our guests had a blast blowing bubble wars and taking crazy pictures!
There are many ways you can use your newsletter. You can use it while plannning your wedding, to communicate everything you want your family and friends to know. You can send one before the invitations are mailed, or even instead of invitations.
Or you can send one as the wedding date draws closer, to remind guests of the upcoming event (maybe even cut down the number of "no-shows") and provide directions. Other ways of using the newsletter include:
- To announce your engagement
- Instead of an invitation, but with lots more details
- As "Save the date" announcement
- To inform guests of last minute announcement or changes
- As wedding programs at the ceremony
- In welcome baskets for out-of-town guests
- As wedding favors at the reception, decorated with ribbon and a ring
- After the wedding, to share wedding and honeymoon stories and photos with guests
- As a thank you newsletter, with a space for a personal note
- As follow up newsletter a year later
- And maybe later...to announce a new baby! (we did this...to announce the birth of our triplets!)
In short, there are tons of ways to use your newsletter. They are fun, personal, and a very unique way of getting people involved in your big day. People save them and talk about them for years afterwards.
To this day, our friends and family still talk about those newsletters. Who knew?
Want to find out how to create your own wedding newsletter? Download our free ebook and learn how!